quarta-feira, 20 de maio de 2015

Yes Jess, we will do hold your hand

jess glynne

No one’s gonna see Jess Glynne fall on her new single, “Hold My Hand.”

Jessica Hannah Glynne or better known as Jess Glynne is a British singer-slash-songwriter famous for featuring in Clean Bandit’s “Rather Be” and Route 94’s“My Love.” However, after her first solo single “Right Here,” the songstress with the red hair is ready to hold up on her own, as her debut single scaled the top ten on international charts. Now she’s proving it again as she cemented yet another solo single, “Hold My Hand,” at the top of the charts for three weeks.

Jess’s “Hold My Hand” plays on dance/house genre with the edges straying to country music, but it is undeniable that this one’s another pop song. This track when weighed against her previous singles – collab or not – leans more on a buffed up pop song rather than let’s-go-dance tune of “Rather Be” and the likes. However, it doesn’t mean that you would be able to resist singing and swaying along – preferably with your hands up high – in this dazzling song.

The lyrics present a contrast in personality especially in the between the pre-chorus and chorus as she sings: “Break my bones but you won’t see me fall, oh/ The rising tide will rise against them all, oh.” Then on the chorus, she presents an opposite of what she’s saying – or singing – with the words: “Daring hold my hand/ Oh, won’t you hold my hand?/ ‘cause I don’t wanna walk on my own anymore.” It seems that Jess is all ready – for whatever it is – if they just hold her hand. (Don’t worry Jess, if they don’t we will do.)

The music video is basically a shot in the Californian desert during a sunset, while there are some riding dirt bikes and dancing. The meaning? Well just like most of the music videos, it’s a mystery.

“Hold My Hand” received commercial success debuting at no. 1 in UK singles Chart and scaling the US Billboard Hot Dance/ Electronic songs at 20th. Jess Glynne’s vocals is both honest and sire-like, so it is no wonder that after previous collaborations, she can make a name on her own.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário