quarta-feira, 20 de maio de 2015

Runaway (U & I) by Galantis

galantis-runaway

If it’s your first time to hear it, chances are Runaway (U & I) will prove to you that something strange could also be beautiful and sweet.

Swedish electronic duo Galantis – comprised of Linus Eklöw, also known as Style of Eye, and Christian Karlsson, from the Swedish Band Miike Snow, – has released their single Runaway (U & I) last October 2014 which earns a reissue this May, as the track seems to be on its way to something big. This song was the follow-up of the single “You” in the Seafox Saga, wherein Galantis don in a mascot as she journeys in the Angel’s City of fame, amazingly popular yet totally alone.

Many has been storming the charts this recent years with a dance, electronic genre, but Galantis is one of the few to get wide recognition by the genre’s fans or even those who are not. The single follows a formula from keyboards to lyrics creating a solid style that is both simple and effective.

Runaway (U& I) tells a simple story of girl braving the city, achieving success but never love. Only she found it in a stroll down the night and –of course – they dance the night away singing “I wanna runaway / Anywhere out this place / I wanna runaway / Just U and I, I, I, I, I.”

Despite the simplicity, the single will command you to stand and fill the dance floor, completely surrendering to the melody and sweet, sweet strange vocals of Galantis.

Runaway (U & I) topped international charts including the US Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic Songs. It got different renditions and remix from different artists. It went gold in the countries New Zealand and Australia.

After this single, “Runaway (U & I),” is another track entitled “Gold Dust” that is soon to come, so make sure to watch out.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário