sexta-feira, 13 de março de 2015

Weird Al: Parody 101

Chiller Theatre Expo - Day 2

“You slammed my face down on the barbecue grill
Now my scars are all healing, but my heart never will
You set my house on fire
You pulled out my chest hairs with an old pair of pliers
Oh, you think that I’m ugly and you say that I’m cheap
You shaved off my eyebrows while I was asleep
You drilled a hole in my head
Then you dumped me in a drainage ditch and left me for dead…”

Many of you must have heard of this attention-grabbing song which hilariously depicts martyrdom. This is one of the few musical ingenuities of Weird Al Yankovic. Alfred Matthew “Weird Al” Yankovic is an American singer, parodist, songwriter, record producer, and author.

He is known for his humorous songs and parodies highlighting his preferential instrument, the accordion. Weird Al is famous for using popular songs and altering the lyrics into something hilarious while keeping the original style and tune of the song.

Few of his parodies which I still remember up until now include Like a Surgeon, a parody of Madonna’s Like a Virgin, Amish Paradise which is a spoof of the famous rap song Gangsta’s Paradise, Party in the CIA, a parody of Miley Cyrus’ Party in the U.S.A., and of course, we all know his original hit song You Don’t Love Me Anymore. Up to the present time, parodies from this musical genius still unceasingly emerge which never fail to blow our minds away.

Weird Al has sold over 12 million albums and recorded more than 150 original songs and parodies, since he was first-aired in 1976. Since then Al began his phenomenal career, which has spanned twelve albums and numerous compilations.

He also did a great deal in advancing the cause of accordion-wielding enthusiasts. His works have gotten him four Grammy Awards and 11 other citations, six platinum records and four gold records in the US.

His latest album, Mandatory Fun which was launched 2014, became a number one album on its debut week and now on its run for the Mandatory Fun Tour in different states and countries.

In addition to doing parodies, he has also written two children’s books, wrote and starred in a film entitled UHF in 1989 and also starred in his self-titled spectacle in 1997, The Weird Al Show.



http://laurenceourac.com/weird-al-parody-101/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário