quarta-feira, 4 de março de 2015

Bread and music

bread-band

When I was just a little kid, perhaps during my preschool years, I was never really exposed to cradlesongs and even to some of the most familiar and popular nursery rhymes that still exist up until our present time.

I guess part of my growing years included hearing classic songs from classic bands during the 60s up to the 80s. Now it’s kind of daunting knowing this one fact about my childhood, and I’ve got the classic band Bread which somehow supplemented to that peculiar phase of my life. And since then they have become my much loved and most wanted band.

Bread is an American soft rock band from Los Angeles, California. The band consisted of David Gates, Jimmy Griffin, Robb Royer, Mike Botts and Larry Knechtel, five musicians who have just about covered the entire range of prevalent music since the reign of rock ’n’ roll – and perhaps without even knowing it, the listening audience has almost certainly had the grip of their music drifting over the family airwaves or music systems.

The band was known for their million-selling releases, Academy Awards, a Grammy Award, various studio sessions, sold-out concerts worldwide and cover versions courtesy of a diverse range of artists. They placed 13 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart between 1970 and 1977 and was a pattern of what later was categorized as soft rock.

Everyone was probably asking why they named their band as such. Well, according to David Gates, a bread truck came along right at the time they were trying to think of a name. It began with a B, like the Beatles and the Bee Gees. Bread also had a kind of universal appeal. It could be taken a number of ways. Of course, for the entire first year people called them The Breads.

If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can’t I paint you?
The words will never show the you I’ve come to know.
If a face could launch a thousand ships, then where am I to go?
There’s no one home but you, you’re all that’s left me too.
And when my love for life is running dry, you come and pour yourself on me.

Who in the world would not know this very calming Bread classic, an all-time favorite of mine. Since then the band became a legend, bringing their most sought after music from generation to generation, attesting that, when they rightly needed to, the band really could rock ’n’ roll with the best, at any period of time.



http://laurenceourac.com/bread-and-music/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário