quarta-feira, 4 de março de 2015

John Legend: A Musical Master, A Legend

John Legend

I have constantly been fond of music, specifically RnB. The likes of Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Brian McKnight and Usher are few of my favorites. Now check out how John Legend paved his way to the top and how he strikingly touched my heart, and the hearts of all music lovers out there.

From Ordinary People, This Time, to All of Me, have you noticed how vividly connected these songs are? That’s John Legend alright.

We’re just ordinary people
We don’t know which way to go
Cuz we’re ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we’ll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
THIS TIME we’ll take it slow
This time I want it all, this time I want it all
Showing you all the cards, giving you all my heart
This time I’ll take the chance, this time I’ll be your man
I can be all you need, this time it’s ALL OF ME
Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning
Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

Singer-songwriter John Legend won his first Grammy Award with 2004’s Get Lifted. The album went platinum, thanks in part to the hit single “Ordinary People” which has been my favorite all these years.

Long before grossing a famed reputation as a manifold Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, John Legend was already a child prodigy. Born as John Roger Stephens on December 28, 1978, in Springfield, Ohio, Legend already know how to play the piano, and he grew up singing in the church choir. He went on to attend the University of Pennsylvania, where he directed a coed a cappella group. After graduation, he switched gears and worked for Boston Consulting Group but unrelentingly performs in nightclubs in New York City.

Legend became an in-demand session musician and songwriter, working with such artists as Alicia Keys, Twista and Janet Jackson. He was soon made known to up-and-coming hip-hop artist Kanye West, and the two musicians collaborated on one another’s demos.

Outside of music, Legend is involved in numerous social and charitable causes. He is a supporter of the Harlem Village Academies, a New York City organization that runs several charter schools.


http://laurenceourac.com/john-legend-a-musical-master-a-legend/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário