segunda-feira, 7 de dezembro de 2015

Leona Lewis in a new album is a beginning without Cowell’s shadows

Leona-Lewis-2014-Images

Simply put, Leona Lewis is making covers. The 2006 X-Factor champ is now all about defining who she really is as an artist by singing and penning songs she has a hand on.

The parting ways between her and Simon Cowell’s label Syco Music was a buzz for quite some time, but her comeback after three years of rest made it clear that there is no stopping for this gorgeous songstress.

leona-lewis-1

I Am is the title of Leona’s fourth album. Stressing abut redefining her music, the LP along with her originals seek to appeal about her transformation and maturity as an artist. This time, she is freer. “In the past I have been reserved, you have to remember I was catapulted into this fame that I never thought would happen and it was amazing but then the privacy is just not there, so to compensate I would choose my words really carefully because I needed to save a piece of me for me and on top of that I had people saying ‘make sure you don’t say this in interviews’, ‘don’t do that’. You’re a 20-year-old and you just think, ‘Oh God I just have to shut my mouth and not say anything.” – the British diva reminisced. (Cited: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/leona-lewis-the-singer-on-her-traumatic–but-empowering–split-from-simon-cowells-label-10499019.html)

Leona 1

The title track ‘I Am’ can be linked after her split up phase with Syco. Hearing lines Not saying I was afraid of you / Won’t put the blame on you / But I won’t change for you must have been the singer’s take on the pouring covers she was told to do during the early years of her career.

leona

The song still has the same sound the world has known to admire and love but with a twist. There’s confidence and owning of craft this time. Even her image has changed noticeably.

No more all rolled up Lewis, just comfortable and relaxed artist who has found herself amidst being in the industry that tends to be controlling at times.


http://laurenceourac.com/leona-lewis-in-a-new-album-is-a-beginning-without-cowells-shadows/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário